House Bill 1293
House Bill 1293 filed to update Chapter 131 of the Texas Agriculture Code
Representative Tracy King has sponsored House Bill 1293, to update Chapter 131 of the Texas Agriculture Code relating to bees and beekeeping in Texas.
You can read, or download, the entirety of the House Bill 1293 at this link Please note that only those sections of Chapter 131 to be changed are in the bill. You will notice strikethrough writing to indicate those things that will be deleted, and underlined writing indicating the proposed additions.
For the full text of the existing Chapter 131 bee laws in Texas, please go to the Texas Apiary Inspection Service web site as linked.
The process for the legislation is as follows:
- The bill will now be assigned to a committee and set for a hearing in the assigned House Committee.
- If the bill passes the House Committee, it will be placed on the calendar for consideration on the floor of the House.
- If the bill passes the House, it will be transferred to the Senate and assigned to a Senate Committee.
- If the bill passes the Senate Committee, it will be placed on the calendar for consideration on the floor of the Senate.
- If the bill passes the Senate with no changes in either committee or on the floor, it will be enrolled and sent to the Governor for signature.
- If the bill passes the Senate with changes, it will go back to the House, back to the House Committee and back to the House floor for a vote.
- If passed and signed by Governor Abbot, the new laws will be effective September 1, 2017 with certain penalties effective on September 1, 2018
If you’d like to subscribe to the RSS feed for House Bill 1293, go to texasbeekeeprs.org and click on the blog link, and finally the subscribe icon.
For questions about the proposed legislation please send them to – firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick response.