- Whereas TBA recognizes that the Texas apiary regulations are important to the health of the Texas beekeeping industry,
Be it Resolved that TBA will continue to monitor legislative activity related to the beekeeping industry and pursue appropriate updates.
- Whereas beekeeping has expanded in the state of Texas; and
Whereas Texas A&M AgriLife Extension is an important vehicle for dissemination of good beekeeping practices,
Be it Resolved that TBA will continue to pursue the creation of a Statewide Apiary Extension Agent.
- Whereas the 1-D-1 Open Space Agriculture Use Appraisal has greatly benefited bees and beekeepers in Texas,
Be it Resolved that TBA will strive to maintain the special use valuation for beekeepers and seek to educate local appraisal districts regarding bees and beekeeping requirements through the state.
- Whereas TBA recognizes that the Nevin Weaver Honey Bee Excellence Endowment provides necessary and valuable funding to the Texas A&M Honey Bee Lab for honey bee research and researchers,
Be it Resolved that TBA appreciates the endeavors of all of those involved in the Texas A&M Honey Bee Lab, and pledges our continued support in fundraising collaboration.
- Whereas TBA’s legislative efforts have expanded in the state of Texas; and
Whereas partnerships with various agricultural industries, stakeholders, and organizations supporting agriculture play an important role in educating farmers about the beekeeping industry,
Be it Resolved that TBA will make proactive efforts to collaborate with Ag industry stakeholders and supporters to create mutual support for agricultural industries throughout Texas.