|NAPPC Pollinator Electric Power Award
This award is co-presented and sponsored by the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI).
This initiative of the North American Pollinator Protection Campaign (NAPPC) recognizes electric power projects who are leading the field in pollinator‐friendly initiatives. This award was developed by the NAPPC Pollinators on Managed Lands Task Force in conjunction with the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI). As a sponsor of the program, EPRI will not be represented on the award selection committee.
This award adds to existing NAPPC award categories, including Pollinator Advocates, Pollinator Conservation Farmer-Ranchers, and Pollinator Roadside Managers. Learn more about other award categories here.
Pollinator Electric Power Projects including, but not limited to utility rights-of-way, generation facilities (solar, wind, hydro, etc), substations, and surplus property are eligible for this award.
What you get:
- Peer and stakeholder recognition
- Award plaque presented ceremony and acceptance speech at NAPPC 2022
- Template for a press release (that the company can customize)
- An award badge for you to use on website/email/social media
- NAPPC registration for up to 2 representatives
- This award is for a SPECIFIC PROJECT. It is not for a company/agency as a whole. Please do not submit nomination forms for a collective set of efforts of an organization, as they will not be considered.
- This NAPPC award is a notable award given only to highly deserving projects. If no deserving projects are nominated, NAPPC may choose to not provide any awards in this category.
- NAPPC may request the top-ranking nominations to present to the selection committee.
Award Criteria – The following are the 4 primary considerations for the reviewers:
- Commitment to the pollinator project, including long-term maintenance plans.
- Vegetation management practices, including plant selection and site management.
- Education & Engagement, including use of signage and public outreach.
- Monitoring and measured benefit to pollinators.
- Nomination Period: March 2022 – July 15, 2022
- Deadline for Applications: July 15, 2022
- Award Announced: Fall 2022
To nominate a project for the NAPPC Pollinator Electric Power Award, please complete the online nomination form below and submit your nomination by July 15th, 2022. Self-nominations are accepted.
Apply here: https://www.pollinator.org/nappc/electric-power-award