TBA Events held each month include local beekeeping association meetings throughout Texas, our TBA Summer Clinic (June) and Annual Convention (November). Simply view the calendar to find association meetings, click on the meeting title for all details about organizer, location, and time. You may find our Local Association Meetings locator map helpful to identify TBA event locations near you.
If you have an event you’d like to add, please contact Leesa Hyder at TBA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Austin 5th Annual Beekeeping Seminar
January 16, 2016$40
Date: Jan. 16th 2016
What: Austin 5th Annual Beekeeping Seminar
Who: Sponsored by the Austin Area Beekeepers Assoc.
Where: J.J. Pickle Research Campus
10100 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78758
Cost: $40 pre-registration
To Register: http://aabaseminar2016.eventbrite.com
Why: The mission of this daylong seminar is to educate people of all experience levels in sustainable bee husbandry and to provide funding for the Texas A&M Honey Bee Lab.
This is a daylong seminar offering 4 different educational presentations running concurrently in each time slot throughout the day. This will provide many beginning and advanced subjects to choose from. A separate beginner’s track has been formatted covering a variety of startup topics for soon to be or very new beekeepers.
Afternoon sessions will include many different presentations including:
- Honey Bee Management 1 and 2
- Honey Bee Biology and Behavior
- Top Bar Management 1 and 2
- Varroa Management
- Brood Disease Control
- Swarm Capture Techniques
- Raising Queens
- Learn Honey Extraction Techniques
- Beneficial Bee Flowers
- Queen Finding and Requeening Techniques
- The Latest in the Texas Bee Lab Research
- Colony Supersedure and Management
- Keeping Bees in an Africanized Zone
- Nutrition Management
- Spring Management
- Cut Outs
- Honey Extraction Techniques
- Professor Juliana Rangel-Posada – Dept. of Entomology Texas A&M.
- Mark Dykes- Chief Texas Apiary Inspector.
- Mark Hedley- Commercial beekeeper and owner of Spiral Horn Apiary.
- Chris Doggett- President of the Williamson County Area Beekeepers Assoc.
- Tanya Phillips- President of the Travis County Beekeepers Assoc.
- Dean Cook-Top Bar hive management advocate.
- Karl Acuri- Austin Area Beekeepers Assoc. (Co-organizer) and natural beekeeper.
- Mary Reed- Texas Apiary Inspector.
- Cameron Crane-Area Director Texas Beekeepers Association.
- Lily Rosenman- Austin Area Beekeepers Assoc. (Co-organizer) and natural beekeeper.
- Becky Bender-TX Master Naturalist.
- Brandon Fehrenkamp- Natural beekeeper advocate and owner of Austin Bees.
- Lance Wilson- Certified Master Beekeeper GMBP.
For more info and to register for this event go to http://aabaseminar2016.eventbrite.com
For additional information you can email Lance Wilson……. email@example.com.
This organization is non-profit and all proceeds of this event will be used to promote sustainable beekeeping practices and provide support to our much appreciated Texas A&M Honey Bee Lab. This should be a lot of fun, everyone please come out and see us.