The following rules govern all film submissions to Texas Beekeepers Association (TBA) Texas Honey Show
Please Note: There is no entry fee. Only one (1) entry per person per category per year.
- Films must be no more than 2 minutes long (including title and credits) and should focus on the theme: “Why I love beekeeping”
- Submissions must be accompanied by the TBA Texas Honey Show Application entry form.
- All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
- Films must be submitted as downloadable files, a password-protected streaming URL, or can be mailed/ delivered on a USB drive copy. Entries should be mailed, along with the TBA Honey Show registration form to: Texas Honey Show Team ℅ The Nest Christian Academy 101 Frenchtown Rd Argyle Texas 76266. Submissions that are mailed (USPS, FedEx, etc) need to be received no later than Thursday, October 22, 2020. Submissions will also be accepted in person on Friday, October 23, 2020, Noon – 6pm and Saturday, October 24, 2020, 8am – 10am.
- Films with US distribution (obtained by the TBA and/or prior to the 2020 TBA Texas Honey Show) or films produced, financed, or initiated by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition but may be considered for a special screening. Selection for screening will be determined no later than one month prior to the 2020 TBA Texas Honey Show. Films that have screened on US network or cable television or distributed to theaters prior to the 2020 TBA Texas Honey Show are also ineligible for competition.
- The TBA Texas Honey Show reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries, without return or refund.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY
- Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, the applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the TBA Texas Honey Show. Neither the TBA Texas Honey Show nor its jurists investigate or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, the applicant(s) represent that they have secured all necessary rights.
- Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. TBA Texas Honey Show expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
- The Texas Beekeepers Association and its related entities, reserve the right to repost any submissions (in whole or in part) received as a submission to the TBA Texas Honey Show included but not limited to their website and/or social media platforms, promotional and marketing purposes, fundraising events, and event screenings.
- We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished. Any and all submissions received will be judged as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut. That said, because the 2020 TBA Texas Honey Show focus is on the story, minor technical changes will not affect the final decision of any film. Should the film be accepted to play during the 2020 TBA Beekeeper Virtual Event, the filmmaker will have the opportunity to supply TBA with their most recent version.
- Please include in your cover letter if your film was SHOT IN TEXAS (include locations) or made by TEXAS FILMMAKERS.
SELECTED FILMS AND WINNERS
- The TBA Texas Honey Show has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
- The TBA Texas Honey Show explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by TBA and/or its affiliates or their volunteers.
- Winners receiving prizes of value are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
RETURNS & ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
Any and all submissions, in any form, and any and all information or press materials will be retained by the TBA Texas Honey Show and will not be returned under any circumstances. If you wish an acknowledgment of receipt of your entry, please include a self-addressed, stamped postcard with your entry form and submission.