Local Association Website Hosting Services
With the growth of hobby beekeeping throughout the state of Texas, the number of new local beekeepers associations being formed is increasing and established local associations are seeing a sustained growth in membership. What an exciting time to be involved in beekeeping!
A club website can be an invaluable resource for both new and growing associations, not only for communication with members, but also as a means of attracting new members by letting them know who you are and where you are.
In its continuing efforts to support and encourage local beekeepers associations throughout Texas, the Texas Beekeepers Association (“TBA”) is pleased to make available to local associations who are TBA members in good standing (“Member Club”), free access to a website hosting service (the “Program”). The details of the Program are outlined below, as well as information on how to participate in the Program.
- TBA agrees to a financial commitment of the website hosting services provided by siteground.com beginning March 1, 2016.
- Renewal of TBA’s financial commitment to the website hosting services shall be evaluated by TBA at the expiration of the hosting agreements, and may or may not be extended.
- Delivery of web hosting services shall be the sole responsibility of siteground.com and TBA makes no promises or guarantees about the website hosting services provided by siteground.com. Any issues or disputes that may arise related to siteground.com’s website hosting services, support, performance or reliability are solely between siteground.com and the Member Club using the siteground.com services.
- Chris Barnes of the Brazos Valley Beekeepers Association in Bryan, Texas, has agreed to be the initial Program Administrator, whose duties are as follows:
- Point of contact for a Member Club in setting up each club’s hosting on siteground.com.
- General resource for helping a Member Club get started in creating a domain name and website.
- Limited guidance on website development and maintenance. In the event Chris Barnes is not willing or is not able to continue as Program Administrator, TBA will attempt to find a replacement. In the event TBA is not able to find a capable replacement TBA reserves the right to terminate the Program
- Each Member Club using the program shall be responsible for obtaining their own domain name through a registrar such as hostgator.com, godaddy.com, or other provider. Each Member Club shall be responsible for the cost of their own domain name as well as any costs of “extra features” they may choose to include on their own website.
- Each Member Club shall designate one or more website administrators who will be responsible for the design, content, maintenance and support of their website.
- Neither TBA nor the Program Administrator shall be responsible for the design, content, links, maintenance, security or support of any of the Member Club’s website. TBA does not endorse or approve the Member Club’s website content or make any guarantee as to the reliability or accuracy of content. Content is SOLELY the responsibility of the Member Club using the service.
For more information or if you are interested in participating in the Program contact Chris Barnes via email at email@example.com or fill out the form below: