This Iist is designed as a resource document and is updated periodically but should always be independently verified.
- Acreage Requirements: 5-20 acres once homestead is subtracted
- Intensity Value: The number of hives required for the land
- Productivity Value: The taxable value of the land with bees on the property (varies by county and is often a set price OR based on land category)
- Duration: Required amount of time the bees must stay on the property (since many bees/beekeepers offer commercial application for growers and are migratory)
- Land Category: Counties have a map or defined land categories such as native pasture, timber, etc. that they assign a productivity value to.
Help Us Keep Up To Date Resources:
If you have additional questions or have experience and updates that would be helpful to this document, please contact Dennis Hebert at 254-742-8465.