TBA Events held each month include local beekeeping association meetings throughout Texas, our TBA Summer Clinic (June) and Annual Convention (November). Simply view the calendar to find association meetings, click on the meeting title for all details about organizer, location, and time. You may find our Local Association Meetings locator map helpful to identify TBA event locations near you.
If you have an event you’d like to add, please contact Leesa Hyder at TBA by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- This event has passed.
Second Steps in Beekeeping
October 9 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$35
This course, presented by Molly Keck – beekeeper and entomologist with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, is designed to help those who are within their first or second year of beekeeping answer “what’s next?”
However, anyone from just thinking of getting bees to more seasoned beekeepers who still need help are welcome to attend.
This course will cover:
- how to winterize your bees,
- how to recognize signs of stress,
- when to feed,
- how to requeen your hive,
- honey extracting,
- pests and management,
- Varroa mite monitoring and treatment.
The course is virtual, live, and as interactive as you want. You will be able to ask questions of the instructor and chat with other members of the class.
After registering, you will receive an email to obtain your unique link to join.
Sessions are recorded if you miss one or wish to review up to one year after the class.
- Session 1 || October 9 – 6:00-8:00 pm
- Recap of Honeybee Biology & what’s happening inside the hive this time of year.
- Recognizing Signs of Stress in the Hive
- How to Remedy. Requeening Hives
- Session 2 || October 11 – 6:00-8:00 pm
- Splitting and Combining Hives,
- Winter Preparation,
- Spring Chores.
- Session 3 || October 16 – 6:00-8:00 pm
- Fire Ants,
- Wax Moths,
- Small Hive Beetles
- Varroa Mite Monitoring and Management
*If mulitple attendees from the same household are watching from the same computer, only one registration is needed.